We know during the time of Coronavirus and increased uncertainty, our worship practices might shift in both location, frequency, and importance in our lives. We have put together an in-comprehensive list of some worship opportunities if you are looking for a place to gather and center with Friends. If you have other opportunities you’d like to see on this list, please email them to [email protected].
Wider Virtual Worship Opportunities
QVS Community Worship
– Weekday mornings 11:30am ET/10:30am CT/8:30am PT, for QVS Fellows, alumni, staff, supporters and F/friends
– Friends for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, + Queer Concerns (FLGBTQC) hosts a weekly hour long worship (+ social hour after)
– Saturdays starting 3/28, at 4pm ET/3pm CT/1pm PT. Allies welcome!
Young Adult Friends (Philadelphia Yearly Meeting) Worship
– Thursday evenings 7pm ET/6pm CT/5pm PT. First worship was led as more of a worship-sharing style, rather than unprogrammed, silent worship.
Adult Young Friends (AYF group within FGC Gathering) Worship
– Sunday, 3/29, at 3pm ET/2pm CT/12pm PT
Pendle Hill Worship in the Barn
– Every day, 8:30-9:10am ET/7:30-8:10am CT/5:30-6:10am PT
Friends of Color Worship Community (FGC)
– Wednesday, 1pm ET/12pm CT/10am PT. If you identify as a person of Color and would like to join us for our weekly worship, please complete this form.
Regional-based Worship Opportunities:
- New England Yearly Meeting (link to list of different meetings holding worship)
- Western Friend (link to list of different Western U.S. meetings holding worship on Sunday, Wednesday, and Thursday, plus additional resources. Regions include Inter-mountain, California, and the Pacific Northwest)
- Atlanta Friends Worship: Friday & Sundays (links available in recent newsletter)
- Twin Cities:
- Friends World Committee for Consultation (FWCC) list of online worship opportunities, including programmed worship: http://fwcc.world/kinds-of-friends/online-worship
Additional Worship/Healing Spaces:
- Irresistible Care Circle: a life-giving, interactive virtual gathering place for connection and care in this time. We’re meeting every Thursday from 8-9p EST through the end of April.
- Organizers, facilitators, parents, artists, teachers, therapists, hearts dedicated to personal & collective liberation: come as you are. Expect rest, honesty, song, ritual, and sharing in this gently-held space.
Do you know of an additional worship opportunity to add? Email: [email protected]