WAYS TO GIVE…
When you give to QVS you are supporting young adults engage in Spirit-led service and community, increasing the capacity of organizations that aim to change unjust social structures, and enriching Quaker meetings. Whether an outright gift or a planned gift, you are connecting your life story to lives and stories of the young adults carrying on the baton of work and service that is so deeply a part of our identity as a Quaker organization.
“I had no idea that this dynamic, alive faith lived inside of me, and I’ve only begun to listen to and explore it… My QVS year has been the start of feeling out what my Quakerism is, how it moves, and where it will lead me if I let it.”
TODAY OR IN THE FUTURE
More information on outright and legacy gifts can be found below.
Support QVS’s Work Today
If you feel ready and excited to contribute to our work today, here are a few ways you can do so.
- Make a one-time gift online.
- Become a monthly sustainer by making a recurring online donation.
- Make a gift in honor or in memory of a loved one. Add their name and other information you’d like to share in the “Additional Comments” section at the end of the form, and we will follow up with you.
- Contribute with a gift of stock through Friends Fiduciary. Here is more information on what that process might look like.
- Advise a gift to QVS through your Donor-Advised Fund.
- Give from your IRA. Congress has made permanent the IRA Charitable Rollover originally enacted in 2006. This means that if you are 70 1/2 years or older, you can make a gift to QVS directly from your IRA and it won’t count towards your taxable income for the year. For more information about setting this up or to receive a sample letter to your IRA custodian, email [email protected].
- Mail a check to:
Quaker Voluntary Service
PO Box 8240
Atlanta, GA 31106
Invest in the Future of QVS
- Include QVS in Your Estate Plans (Wills & Bequests): The simplest way to support QVS through a planned gift is to name QVS as a beneficiary in your will. The bequest can be a percentage of one’s estate, a specific dollar amount, or a piece of property. Such gifts can be unrestricted in nature or designated for a specific purpose such as for program development or to endow a Fellowship. We will be glad to provide sample language for including QVS in your estate plans.
- Establish a Charitable Gift Annuity: This method of gifting benefits QVS upon your death while providing a fixed rate of income to you during your lifetime. Income payments to charitable gift annuity donors are often higher than those of other investments. When your charitable gift annuity is funded, the gift portion of your annuity is eligible for an immediate charitable tax deduction. A portion of the income from annuity payments to you or your chosen beneficiary is also tax-deductible. To further maximize tax benefits, you may wish to fund your charitable gift annuity with appreciated assets. The minimum gift to establish a gift annuity is $10,000. QVS has a working agreement with the Friends Fiduciary Corporation to establish gift annuities where QVS is the named beneficiary. Please contact us to get more information on setting this up.
- Connect with Us About Other Forms of Planned Gifts: QVS offers additional planned gift options ranging from gifts of life insurance, assets, and property, to the establishment of a charitable remainder trust. Contact us to explore other options for gifting to QVS.