Quaker Voluntary Service is hiring.
Updated APRIL 2022
The Administrative Coordinator reports to the Executive Director and manages accounts payable and accounts receivable, supports HR and recruitment functions, and performs other business support tasks as needed. This is a 20 hour/week, exempt position. Compensation will be commensurate with experience; salary range is $24,000-$26,000. You can download the full job description here.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Providing required information for financial reporting to our external bookkeeper.
- Managing accounts payable, including Fellow debit cards and expense reimbursements and staff expense reports.
- Managing accounts receivable, including generating site placement agreements, handling payment schedules and changes, and collecting overdue payments.
- Depositing donations and other checks on a weekly basis (remote deposit).
- Providing administrative support for our Recruitment, Development, and HR functions, (recordkeeping, mail merging/document compilation, obtaining and tracking onboarding documents, assisting with mailings, etc.).
- Maintaining financial records and providing support for the annual audit, state tax filings, and 990 preparation.
- Ensuring essential business documents are organized, up to date, and easily accessible.
- Renewing annual registration in each of the states in which we operate (GA, OR, PA, MA, MN).
- Providing administrative support to our staff team, Fellows, and Board as needed.
Competencies & Qualifications
- Demonstrated history of success (professional or not, paid work or not) in nonprofit administration or related fields.
- Understanding of and experience managing accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Willingness and ability to learn and quickly apply new skills.
- Tech-savvy, particularly with Google Suite and spreadsheets (Excel, Google Sheets, etc.)
- Self-directed, organized and detail-oriented.
- Flexibility and willingness to pitch in and do what needs to be done.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion for the mission and vision of the program.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
Nice to Haves
- Familiarity with Religious Society of Friends (Quakers)
- Experience with a service year program
- Understanding of non-profit accounting basics
- Experience with eTapestry or other non-profit CRM
How to Apply
Email a cover letter and resume to Hilary Burgin, the QVS Executive Director, at [email protected]. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis as applications arrive, with priority given to applications received before May 10. Following two rounds of interviews, we will conduct reference checks for the final two candidates. Start date is no later than June 15, but can be earlier if desired.
QVS is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity with respect to all employees and applicants for employment. This policy prohibits discrimination on all legally-recognized bases including, but not limited to, race, creed, color, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family relationship, disability, national origin or service in the uniformed services.