MINNEAPOLIS PROGRAM START-UP COORDINATOR
- Job Title: Minneapolis Program Start-Up Coordinator
- Application deadline is November 15, 2017
- P/T Approximately 20 hours/week
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to QVS Executive Director Christina Repoley, [email protected]
- We will interview candidates as applications come in
- QVS Minneapolis Start-Up Coordinator JD (PDF)
Who We Are: Quaker Voluntary Service (QVS) is a 501(c)(3) Quaker organization providing opportunities for young adults to serve for one year in organizations contributing to social justice, while living in intentional Quaker community, and receiving support and training from QVS. QVS work is based in four core values: Community, Service, Transformation, and the Quaker Way. Learn more about QVS at www.quakervoluntaryservice.org.
Twin Cities-Based Start-up Position: We seek a highly motivated and well-organized person to join us in launching our fifth house in Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN, set to open in late August, 2018. The candidate should be a Quaker or very familiar with Quakerism, possess administrative and organizing skills, have successful experience working with volunteer committees, and resonate deeply with the vision and mission of Quaker Voluntary Service. The position of Program Start-Up Coordinator is approximately half time and will run from January 1 to August 31, 2018. This person will report to QVS Executive Director Christina Repoley, who is based in Atlanta, and will also work closely with other QVS staff. This person will also work closely with a group of local Friends who are supporting this effort. We expect to hire someone for the ongoing position of Local Coordinator to support the QVS house, its Fellows and program starting mid-August, 2018. The person hired for the Program Start-Up position will be highly considered for the ongoing position, if interested.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to QVS Executive Director Christina Repoley, [email protected]. Application deadline is November 15, 2017. We will interview candidates as applications come in.
Full Position Description
Minneapolis Program Start-Up Position Description (January-August 2018), approximately 20 hours/week
|Liaison with local Friends||
|Assist in Securing Service Site Placement Agreements||
|Manage Search for and Furnishing of QVS House||
|Assist in Recruitment and Selection of Fellows||
- Familiarity with Quakers and the Religious Society of Friends.
- Self-directed and goal-oriented but informed by organizational needs and mission.
- Ability to see the big picture along with a willingness to pitch in and do what needs to be done, including small administrative tasks.
- Creative problem solver with entrepreneurial spirit and attitude.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; easily builds new relationships and has experience managing conflict.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion for the mission and vision of the program.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree and some professional experience preferred.
- Should have worked with volunteers or have significant volunteer experience; volunteer recruitment and management experience preferred.
- Experience working in multicultural communities and with a wide variety of people.
- Knowledge of local not-for-profits, social justice organizations and service agencies preferred.
- A demonstrated commitment to social justice, anti-oppression, and advocacy work.
This is a half time position with no benefits. Compensation commensurate with experience.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to QVS Executive Director Christina Repoley, [email protected]. Application deadline is November 15, 2018. We will interview candidates as applications come in.
QVS reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way QVS desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at-will.” Quaker Voluntary Service is an equal opportunity employer.
QVS Minneapolis Start-Up Coordinator JD (PDF)